Teams create their own brands for presentations to fashion executives. Campers will explore how brands are built and learn about hundreds of ways to work in the retail fashion world – including media (PR, blogging, social media), business (including merchandising buying, and retail management) styling, fashion technology, and much more! Each week includes up to 75 kids, grouped by age (ages 12 to 18) from all over the world. $1,200 includes all activities, supplies, gift bags, and snacks, beverages, and lunch on Monday and Friday only. Campers are encouraged to bring lunch or $15 for lunch and snacks on the other days, because they’ll be eating at field trip locations.
AT A GLANCE…..
You will Learn:
- Retail buying and merchandising
- Brand Management
- Journalism, PR, blogging
- New York Fashion Week
- Fashion Styling
- Fashion technology, which includes 3D printing, wearable tech, and the role of technology in fashion design
- Sketching and Drawing
- PR agency executives
- Successful make up trend developers
- Major retail executives
- Bloggers and photographers that are making their mark on the world fashion
Buyers from major retailers
- Metropolitan Museum of Art-Fashion Exhibit
- Showroom and flagship stores
- Fabric and notion stores
Cost & Dates :
$1,200 includes all activities, supplies, gift bag, beverages and snacks, lunch Monday through Friday. Campers are encouraged to bring lunch or $15 for lunch and snacks on the day of field trips.
Age: 12-18 years old
Session 1: July 24th to July 28th
Session 2: July 31st to August 4th