Put down the fashion magazine...
And come to New York — for an intensive five-day hands-on camp experience, taught by the experts, designers and retailers you read about in your favorite glossy, and aspire to work with one day. FashionCampNYC explores the “business” of fashion, teaching teens — ages 12 to 18 — how to turn their passion into a lucrative profession. Our educators include fashion executives, designers, product developers, stylists, bloggers, and editors, touching on every aspect of this creative and colorful industry. All that’s missing is you! Click here for 2014 Dates and Rates!
Over the course of this experience, you’ll:
- Create your own fashion “brand”
- Visit stores and fashion showrooms
- Explore and seek inspiration around Manhattan
- Go to offices of brands like Tommy Hilfiger and Marc Jacobs to see product development in action
- Learn about various areas of the industry, including merchandising, retailing, designing, blogging, editorial careers, and marketing/PR
- Hear from guest lecturers from heritage and on-trend brands like Coach, Victoria’s Secret, American Eagle, Polyvore.com, and Juicy Couture
- Meet and connect with other teens who share your “passion for fashion”
- Discover insider secrets — from specific college business courses to seek out, valuable sites and blogs to bookmark and follow, and resources for securing internships and hands-on experience
- Network with industry experts and leading fashion execs
You’ll take home the skills, inspiration, and motivation to pursue your dreams and make a name for yourself in the fashion industry. Consider FashionCampNYC the first “stitch” in your very stylish future!