What are the dates and rates for FashionCampNYC?
- Fashion Prep and Fashion Forward Session 1: July 24th to July 28th
- Fashion Prep and Fashion Forward Session 2: July 31st to August 4th
- Each level costs $1,200
Where is FashionCampNYC located?
We are located in midtown Manhattan at 561 7 th Ave (entrance on 40 th St). This address serves as our base for the entire week, although we take many supervised field trips.
What is a typical day like?
Our program runs daily from 9:30am until 4:30am Monday through Friday. Activities are varied and engaging. They include speakers (usually with an activity), field trips, and a week-long project. We also allow for socializing and “down time” throughout the week. Please see the detailed pages for our current agenda. (Subject to change, based on speaker availability.)
What is the difference between Fashion Prep and Fashion Forward?
Please see detailed pages for each program for a full list of activities, ages, and areas of focus. The Forward program is designed to be the next step after Campers have completed the Prep program. Campers are encouraged to sign up for both programs, so they will have a wide range of experiences, speakers, and trips. The minimum age for Forward is 14 (versus 12 for Prep), although exceptions have been made
Who supervises the program?
In addition to the FashionCampNYC faculty, trained counselors and the Camp’s directors will supervise the entire program. Please note FashionCampNYC is a day-camp program. There is no Camper supervision outside of the hours of 9:30am – 4:30pm. ICampers typically come to NYC for the week with family and stay with family or friends in the NYC metro area and commute to FashionCampNYC each day.
Do you have suggestions for overnight lodging for campers outside of the New York metro area?
Campers from outside the New York metro area traditionally stay with family or friends or at reasonably priced hotels in Manhattan. If you let us know before May 1st, we may be able to negotiate group rates if we have enough demand.
How do I enroll?
You can use this page.
Is the camp co-ed?
Yes! We’ve had many boys attend over the years, as well as many men guest speakers. We pride ourselves on having a diverse Camper base (including Campers and staff from all over the county and the world) and a zero tolerance policy for bullying.
How many campers will be attending fashion camp?
Enrollment for Fashion Prep is limited to 75 campers per session, with two sessions offered per summer. Enrollment for Fashion Forward is limited to 30 campers per session, with two sessions offered per summer. We accept applications on a first come, first served basis.
Why should my child participate in FashionCampNYC?
Your child will get a broad and deep view of all the jobs within the retail fashion industry and make connections and friends that will last a lifetime. Some of our past campers have gone on to get internships with our guest speakers, been accepted at the top fashion programs and liberal arts schools, and have gone on to land significant jobs
in the retail fashion industry. FashionCampNYC is a warm and welcoming environment, where every child is encouraged to pursue his or her passions and interests. It differs from other fashion camps and programs in these major ways:
- The focus on retail fashion, rather than just design.
- The fact that it is run by a diverse group of professionals who know the fashion industry and also have backgrounds in education, youth development, mentorship, and career coaching. We know how to make learning fun!
- FashionCampNYC offers a unique combination of professional speakers from big brand companies, field trips, and fun summer activities. We keep the program exciting and engaging.
- It’s located in New York City, the epicenter of the fashion world.
- We’ve been doing it for ten years and have fine-tuned the programming as we go, listening to input from Campers, speakers, and the industry.
- We stay in touch with our Campers over time and have helped many of them secure internships and jobs and put them in touch with colleges.
- Campers come from all over the world and get a truly global perspective on the fashion industry, while making new friends.
How old must you be to attend?
Campers must be either entering 8th grade or be 12 years old at the start of their session.
If I have more questions how do I contact FashionCampNYC?
You can call us at 212.319.6123 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.